Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bit by the Travel Bug

I've got the travel itch, and I've got it bad. Just when I made peace with the fact that we canceled our Italy trip in favor of a more saner decision to explore US National Parks, I happened upon Rashbre Central's wonderful blog, complete with live video camera shots of London. Once I saw the picture of London's Oxford Circus, it was all over. I got hit with the desire to go back to Europe, this time with our kids, who are certainly old enough to appreciate the wonder of visiting a different country.

The last time I went to Europe, it was 1988 - a whopping 20 years ago! It's time, it's time, it's time. And with the value of the dollar rising these days (how the heck did that happen?), it might even be doable. I'm going to enter every airline and London travel contest on the planet. Wish me luck. Doesn't Christmas in London sound magical? Anyone have any free miles they'd like to donate to the cause? I'll bring back a heaping plate of plum pudding for you!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Nette @ SmilingMom.com
Sounds amazing. I hope you can find a way to make it happen!

Lorie said...

I have never been to London, but Christmas there does sound pretty magical! Good luck! If you find any good contests let us know!!